Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Tempus fugit

It is a little overwhelming to think that it was one month ago yesterday that my father died. It has caused me to think a great deal about time, how I use it, how precious a commodity it is and how very scarce! Self evaluation is a good thing I suppose but man is it ever a pain. And it seems that I am forever in a state of change.

Part of me loves the idea of an ever changing world with a daily new adventure. But the other part of me would love to have some stability. A stable home, a stable income, a stable boyfriend. Hell I would be satisfied with a stable cat! (Sorry Ben-Kitty but you are a bit of a wild card at times.)

If I have learned any important lessons from my father's departure, it is that whether I like it or not, I finally have to totally and completely take care of myself. At 49, that isn't the easiest habit in the world to learn. And I am way behind where I should be at this age.

But nothing changes if you just sit on your hands, so there's no time like the present. I have always found that any time I make some public announcement about amending my life, I usually fail. SOOOOO, I am going to ask you for your good vibes, karma, thoughts and prayers as I set out on a journey of finding myself and of making myself stable and independent for the very first time.

Not sure how I am going to accomplish it at the moment, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

By the way, I am going to attempt to throw a weekly dinner party from now on with a rotating guest list. This week's menu features Asparagus salad with Champagne Saffron Vinaigrette, Cream of Cauliflower soup, Maple Roasted Pork loin with orange glazed carrots and rosemary roasted potatoes.


No comments: